Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lemon (Lime) pickle (no oil)

I made this last summer and would be making it again this summer as it is almost finished. What I like about this pickle is that there is no oil in the recipe and very few ingredients.

The ingredients are
Lime (I think lemon would work well too I used Lime as it was on sale ) 
Salt
Ajwain
Brown sugar
Black pepper powder

I will update this recipe once I make it again as I don't remember how much of everything I used.

Wash limes twice to clean its skin, and leave them to dry on a towel overnight. Take 1/6th of these and juice them. Cut rest of the limes (each into eight pieces). Take a large bowl and mix cut limes, salt, ajwain, brown sugar and black pepper powder thoroughly. Take glass jars and put in this mixture in them and pour the lime juice proportionately into these. 

Make sure nothing comes in contact with water at any stage other than the washing part.

Put this outside in the morning when there is sunshine and take it in every night. Shake it every time you put it outside. I did this for around a month everyday. You can do it longer if you feel its not done. 
This is how much I made in June 2013
This is what I have left as of Jan 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment