Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mint and mango chutney

As one of my friends would say "I can make a meal out of chutnies made by you", so here I am with my first chutney recipe.
This can be served with any kind of snack (pakoda, dahi bhalla, chat papdi etc. etc.) or you can eat it just by itself like my friend.
Here is what you would need

  • One small bunch of mint leaves washed and drained (take off the thick stems)
  • One cup chopped green mango
  • One cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
  • 1/2 lemon juice
  • 2 green chilies 
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon roasted jeera (cumin) powder
  • 1/4th inch of ginger
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic (optional)
  • Salt to taste, you can replace half of the regular salt with black salt
Grind everything together in a mixer adding water gradually to bring it to the consistency you like and its ready to serve.

This recipe is for the green one in the picture, recipe for other two coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment